[comp.ai.digest] references on language simulation

GKMARH@IRISHMVS.BITNET (steven horst) (09/08/88)

Date: Sun, 4 Sep 88 17:21 EDT
To: ailist@ai.ai.mit.edu
From: steven horst <GKMARH%IRISHMVS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: references on language simulation

 I have an undergraduate student who is interested in researching
 AI work in language simulation.  I am familiar with the main
 PROFESSIONAL publications, but don't know of anything that would
 give a beginning student a good and reasonably up-to-date description
 of major research areas and point him in the right direction for
 whatever specific topics he may wish to pursue further.  He has
 expressed a mild interest in parsers and a stronger interest in
 work that involves knowledge representation and context sensitivity.

 I should appreciate suggestions for:
   (a) Survey texts
   (b) Literature review articles
   (c) Bibliographies (especially annotated ones).

 Please send any suggestions to my bitnet address:
         Steven Horst          gkmarh@irishmvs.bitnet
         Department of Philosophy
         Notre Dame, IN  46556