[comp.ai.digest] intelligent tutoring query

Susan.Mengel@LSR.TAMU.EDU (09/15/88)

Date: Fri, 9 Sep 88 15:12 EDT
From: Susan.Mengel@LSR.TAMU.EDU
To: AILIST@AI.AI.MIT.EDU
Subject: intelligent tutoring query

Does anybody know where I might obtain a copy of:

     Friend, J.E. and R.R. Burton.
     Teacher's Guide for Diagnostic Testing in Arithmetic:  Subtraction.
     Cognitive and Instructional Sciences.
     Xerox Parc, Palo Alto Research Center, Palo Alto, CA.

This was a manual used in the BUGGY project conducted by John Seely Brown
and Richard R. Burton.  I have written to Dr. Brown for a copy of it, but
have received no answer.  I am going to call him as well, but I still want
to see if anyone else might have it.

I am a Ph.D. student and would like to use the results of this research in my
dissertation on intelligent tutoring systems.

I would also like to know if anyone is doing research on combining neural
networks and intelligent tutoring systems.

Thanks in advance,

Susan Mengel
Research Associate

Reply to:  Dept. of Computer Science