[comp.ai.digest] rhythm

hayden@prism.TMC.COM (Hayden Ridenour) (09/19/88)

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 88 10:32 EDT
From: Hayden Ridenour <hayden@prism.TMC.COM>
Apparently-To: comp-ai-digest@eddie.MIT.EDU
Subject: rhythm

> So why, no matter what we do, do we perceive time as a constant?

Who does this?  Try keeping track of time when you're in a hurry to get
seven different things done at once and compare it to how slow time passes
when you're waiting for something.  The time passes at the same rate, but
we don't perceive it at the same constant rate.

As for why you can be tapping your foot to the rhythm of a song you're
listening to while you're doing other things:  you have the music as a
timing source.  You could think of it as an interrupt process keyed to
the rhythm of the music.
~?
~h