[comp.ai.digest] AI & the DSM-III

ANDERSJ%ccm.UManitoba.CA@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (11/17/88)

Hi Again.  I have a colleague who is attempting to write a paper on
the use of AI techniques in psychiatric diagnosis in general, and
more specifically using the DSM-III.  He tells me he's having a
great deal of trouble finding any material on this, & is between
computer accounts at the moment, and I told him I would post something
for him.  If anybody has any references, material, or any info, it would
be greatly appreciated.  His address is:

               Ron Mondor
               Dept. of Computer Science,
               University of Manitoba,
               Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3T 2N2

E-mail may be forwarded thru me: <ANDERSJ@UOFMCC.BITNET> (John Anderson)
With Great thanks,
                 J. Anderson

sire@ptsfa.PacBell.COM (Sheldon Rothenberg) (11/24/88)

In a previous article, ANDERSJ%ccm.UManitoba.CA@MITVMA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Hi Again.  I have a colleague who is attempting to write a paper on
> the use of AI techniques in psychiatric diagnosis in general, and
> more specifically using the DSM-III.

Todd Ogasawara, at U. of Hawaii, posted a 10 article biblio on related
topics. The article which appears most relevant is:

	Hardt, SL & MacFadden, DH
	Computer Assisted Psychiatric Diagnosis: Experiments in
	Software Design
	from "Computers in Biology and Medicine", 17, 229-237

A book by DJ Hand entitled "Artificial Intelligence and Psychiatry"
a 1985 publication of Cambridge University Press also looks promising.

Todd's e-mail address on INTERNET is: todd@uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU

Shelley Rothenberg
(415) 867-5708