[comp.text.desktop] Tex/LaTex for VMS

chuq@plaid.UUCP (06/03/87)

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 87 13:28:40 EDT
From: bills@CCA.CCA.COM (Bill Stackhouse)

I am looking for an implementation of TeX/LaTex for VMS and would like
some pointers on where I can find one, how good is it, and how much does
it cost.

Does anyone know of an utility to convert Microsoft Word 3.0 (Mac) files
in either normal or RTF format to LaTex format?

------------------
Bill Stackhouse
Cambridge, MA.
bills@cca.cca.com

Submissions to:   desktop%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop
Administrivia to: desktop-request%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop-request
Paths:  {ihnp4,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,ucbvax}!sun
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

Now, where did my ex-wife put my Fairy Dust?

chuq@plaid.UUCP (06/19/87)

From: peterb@dsiramd.nz (Peter Burgess)
Date: 18 Jun 87 22:21:13 GMT

Kellerman and Smith's distribution of TeX for VMS is quite good. It has TeX,
LaTeX, DVItoVDU (page preview program), a copy of the TeXbook and lots of
other
goodies. The cost is ~US$200. There is also Maria Code's distribution which
seems to have most of the things on the K&S distribution (I'm not sure about
DVItoVDU). An order form is in TUGboat. The cost is US$92

Maria Code's address is:
Maria Code, Data Processing Services,
1371 Sydney Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94087. Ph (408) 735-8006

K&S:
534 SW Third Ave,
Portland, OR 97204. Ph (503) 222-4234

Peter Burgess,
Applied Mathematics Division,
New Zealand Govt. Dept. of Scientific and Industrial Research.

UUCP ...!{alberta,ubc-vision}!calgary!vuwcomp!dsiramd.nz!peterb
ACSNET: peterb@dsiramd.nz