[comp.text.desktop] How can I get dvi2ps ??

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (06/23/87)

From: seismo!ut-sally!im4u!esc-bb!halley!steve
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 87 10:26:57 EDT

Where can I get dvi2ps and some associated documentation?

Also, I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences with it.

Steve Williams
Tandem Computers

UUCP: im4u!esc-bb!halley!steve

Submissions to:   desktop%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop
Administrivia to: desktop-request%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop-request
Paths:  {ihnp4,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,ucbvax}!sun
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

Now, where did my ex-wife put my Fairy Dust?

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (06/24/87)

Date: 23 Jun 87 17:49:27 EST (Tue)
From: Jean-Francois Lamy <lamy@ai.toronto.edu>

A new release of dvi2ps that supports pxl, gf, pk and native PostScript fonts
is due real soon now from Stephan Bechtolsheim at Purdue.  I have local
modifications to handle insertion of PostScript illustrations produced by
ditroff or a Macintosh.  What is holding the release back is a) Stephan is
away for two weeks b) there is no agreement on how to integrate the various
standards for including illustrations (tpic, ArborText \special, dvi2ps
\special, psfigtex, and so on).

It will be put on the Unix TeX distribution tape.  It will also be available
by anonymous FTP from Purdue, presumably two or three weeks from now.  Posting
to comp.sources is likely to take place as well.

As far as experiences go, we have been running version 2.X for a year and
a half, and the beta release of version 3.2 for about a month without
problems (Sun OS 3.x and BSD4.[23]).

Jean-Francois Lamy                      lamy@ai.toronto.edu
(CSNet,UUCP,Bitnet)
AI Group, Dept of Computer Science      lamy@ai.toronto.cdn (EAN X.400)
University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4   {seismo,watmath}!ai.toronto.edu!lamy