[comp.text.desktop] Stanford fonts

CLDLV@NASAGISS.bitnet (Dimitri Vulis) (12/17/87)

I received the following response to my recent query regarding Stanford fonts:

>From: "guthery%asc@sdr.slb.com" <GUTHERY%ASC%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>

>The Austin Code Works (512-258-0785) sells 130 of the fonts in Find a Font
>in both the original XGP format and in TeX format.  If you have a bitmap
>to PostScript or TeX to PostScript weggie you're in.  The fonts cost $30
>and you get a complete copy of the paper.  Claimer:  my wife runs the
>Austin Code Works.

The Austin Code Works' ad indeed says: "KST Fonts (13,200 characters in
139 mixed fonts: specify TeX or bitmap format)...$30". I've been asking
the appropriate authorities to spend the $30 (too stingy myself), but
I was not aware that these are THE SAME fonts. If/when we buy them, I'll
post a message saying if they are any good.
Submissions to:   desktop%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop
Administrivia to: desktop-request%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop-request
Paths:  {ihnp4,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,ucbvax}!sun