[comp.text.desktop] Re "Need dsun: troff Processor for Sun"

baker@nasa-jsc.csnet (Ken Baker) (04/10/88)

In answer to:

    From: Donna Hrynkiw <donna%envy.kwantlen.bcc.cdn%ean.ubc.ca@csnet-relay>
    Subject: Need dsun: troff processor for Sun

    I'm looking for a troff processor who's output can be displayed on a
    Sun workstation.

    My boss tells me there has been mention of a program called 'dsun' in one
    of the 'sources' groups.  There's a "dsun.diff" in the sun-sources
    archives, but no mention of 'dsun'.  Any leads to or volunteers for the
    dsun source would be gratefully appreciated.

I know of two commercial sources of troff that include the capability
to preview output on a Sun Workstation:

Elan Computer Group, Inc.
410 Cambridge Ave., Suite A
Palo Alto, Ca. 94306
415-322-2450
Elizabeth Elms

Their troff product is called Eroff and the Sun preview product is Eview.

Image Network
140 S. Whisman Road
Mountain View, Ca. 94041
415-967-0542
Judy Caron

Their troff product is called Xroff and their is a preview capability
for Sun Workstations.

It is my understanding that both of these products are based on
ditroff in AT&T's Documenters Workbench.  I have not used either one.
I am looking for a ditroff that would let me preview output to a
graphics equipped IBM/PC.  If you run across any, please let me know.

Ken Baker
CSNET: baker%nasa-jsc@csnet-relay
Submissions to: desktop@plaid.sun.com
Administrivia to: desktop-request@plaid.sun.com
UUCP: {amdahl,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!sun!plaid!desktop{-request}
Archives can be gotten from the archive-server.
To get information on the archive-server, send mail to:
archive-server@plaid.sun.com -or- sun!plaid!archive-server
with a subject line of help