[comp.text.desktop] I need a finer setgray

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/05/89)

In article <21801.1989Jan3.12:29:38@hammer.me.toronto.edu> eastick@me.toronto.edu (Doug Eastick) writes:

>At a distance the gray looks fine, but up close (it's for Dept.
>letterhead) the black dots are too big.

Get it set on a 2650 dpi Linotronic ?

/* mild personal nit to pick */

I'm getting real tired of seeing books, forms, and ad's in magazines
set with a laser printer instead of a phototypesetter.

That 3 volume O'reilly series about X-Windows, for exmaple is laser typeset,
and it doesnt look like a real book somehow.  More like a thick company
newsletter.

I can't help but feel that we're making negative progress here.

--
                              Hotel USENET
richard@gryphon.COM   {...}!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov