[comp.text.desktop] Books on SGML

dsa@dlogics.UUCP (David Angulo) (11/10/89)

In article <124@inesc.UUCP>, mar@outi.inesc (Mario Antonio Romao) writes:
> I'm starting to learn the SGML standard. For the moment I've got
> the ISO 8879(SGML) standard description. Is this enough or are
> there any books focusing on SGML based applications having examples,
> or any other complementary readings ?
>
> I'd appreciate any hints.
> Thank you.

_SGML_An_Author's_Guide_... by Martin Bryan; Addison-Wesley 1988 is probably
THE only SGML book.  It is MUCH better than reading the standard.  Also, our
company gives a short workshop on SGML with hands on experience using some
of our PC based software tools.  Send me email if you want info on the
workshops.
--
David S. Angulo                  (312) 266-3134
Datalogics                       Internet: dsa@dlogics.UUCP