[comp.text.desktop] Interleaf Mailing List

chuq@plaid.UUCP (05/11/87)

Date: 09 May 87 12:03:28 PDT (Sat)
From: petel@teksce.sce.tek.com

Just like to let everone know:
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
mail.interleaf
    Contact:  ...tektronix!teksce!tekgen!leaf-request (Pete Lancashire)
              leaf-request@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM

    Purpose: Discussions on all aspects related to the Interleaf
    publishing environment, including (but not restricted to) the
    Interleaf language, user environment, implementations on new
    platforms, user written enhancements, and filters, bug reports and
    workarounds.
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Pete Lancashire  petel@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM
Tektronix, Inc.

Submissions to:   desktop%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid!desktop
Administrivia to: desktop-request%plaid@sun.com -OR- sun!plaid@desktop-request
Paths:  {ihnp4,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,ucbvax}!sun

Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		[I don't read flames]

There is no statute of limitations on stupidity

stuart@leafusa.hq.ileaf.com (Stuart Freedman {x1708}) (03/16/90)

In article <1990Mar14.034238.805@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov>, Ted Fabian of
NASA/Lewis tells us what he knows about the Interleaf mailing list.
Now I'll add what I know (for those of you who care):

The NIC list of lists that you cite may be out of date.

> mail.interleaf <leaf%TEKSCE.SCE.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET>
> [description deleted]
>  Coordinator: Pete Lancashire <petel%TEKSCE.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET>

Pete left Tektronix over a year ago, but one of his colleagues (Carolyn
???) was supposedly going to carry on the list.  As far as I can tell,
there have been no mail.interleaf mailings in more than a year.  Maybe
it's time for a new moderator to step forward.

On addressing users at Interleaf, Ted suggests...

>   leafusa!node!node!user@UUNET.UU.NET

Note that we have a registered domain in the uucp zone, and you can
find us in the uucp maps.  "user@ileaf.com" is equivalent to
"ileaf!user@eddie.mit.edu" (10 Canal Park), and "user@hq.ileaf.com" is
equivalent to "leafusa!user@uunet.uu.net" (25 First Street).  Note
that, at least in the hq.ileaf.com subdomain (of which I am one of the
administrators), you can mail to most users at Interleaf via a first
initial + last name alias (for example, I am reachable as
"sfreedman@hq.ileaf.com").  Finally, using explicit uucp paths inside
Interleaf is unnecessary, since the alias files on our gateways should
resolve the user anyway.

> so don't be fooled when the techicians there tell you they cannot be reached
> via email...

Don't attribute to malice that which might be better assigned to
ignorance.  Not everyone is a net user, so the people you talk to may
not know anything about e-mail outside the company.

Apologies for the net.clutter, but I can't resist any chance to clarify
things...  (Besides, I was the first person to post to mail.interleaf --
back when I was a customer!)
--
Stuart Freedman			Internet:	smf@saffron.lcs.mit.edu
Interleaf, Inc.			UUCP:		uunet!leafusa!stuart

jsh0447@DOMAIN_2.lerc.nasa.gov (Jeffrey S. Hojnicki) (03/20/90)

In article <1990Mar15.212805.21212@leafusa.hq.ileaf.com> Stuart Freedman
writes:

>In article <1990Mar14.034238.805@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov>, Ted Fabian of
>NASA/Lewis tells us what he knows about the Interleaf mailing list.
>Now I'll add what I know (for those of you who care):
>
>The NIC list of lists that you cite may be out of date.
>
>> mail.interleaf <leaf%TEKSCE.SCE.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET>
>> [description deleted]
>>  Coordinator: Pete Lancashire <petel%TEKSCE.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET>
>
>Pete left Tektronix over a year ago, but one of his colleagues (Carolyn
>???) was supposedly going to carry on the list.  As far as I can tell,
>there have been no mail.interleaf mailings in more than a year.  Maybe
>it's time for a new moderator to step forward.

I am also supposed to be on the interleaf mailing list.
I got the following message a couple weeks back from the apparently
new coordinator.

]Jeff,
]The Interleaf list is in the process of being revived but is
]not active this week.
]I'll add your subscription to the list.
]
]Carolyn Strong
]carolyns@tekig5.TEK.PEN.COM
](503) 627-3070
]Tektronix, Inc.

--
PLEASE, don't send mail to the reply-to adress above, but use either of
the two below:

| Jeff Hojnicki     216-433-5393    |   jshoj@csd.lerc.nasa.gov          |
| NASA LeRC         M.S. 500-103    |   jhojnicki@nasamail.nasa.gov      |
| Cleveland, OH 44135               |                                    |
| --- My opinions are only my own, don't blame anyone else for them! --- |