[comp.text.desktop] Ventura's Frame Reanchor command

evas@cs.eur.nl (Eelco van Asperen) (07/16/90)

Has anyone tried to use the "Reanchor Frames, All Pages" command
in Ventura Publisher (Professional version 3.0, also in 2.0) to get
picture frames to appear on the same page as their anchors ?  I keep
getting error messages saying that it can't find the frame the
anchor refers to; this even happens when all the frames are on
the right pages !  If I choose "Reanchor Frames, This Page", everything
works ok. Any thoughts ?
--
Eelco van Asperen.       uucp: evas@cs.eur.nl || asperen@hroeur5.bitnet
Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands || disclaimer ??

tkw@GOMEZ.phys.virginia.edu (07/19/90)

In article <1990Jul16.090408.21221@cs.eur.nl>, evas@cs.eur.nl (Eelco van Asperen) writes:
>Has anyone tried to use the "Reanchor Frames, All Pages" command
>in Ventura Publisher (Professional version 3.0, also in 2.0) to get
>picture frames to appear on the same page as their anchors ?  I keep
>getting error messages saying that it can't find the frame the
>anchor refers to; this even happens when all the frames are on
>the right pages !  If I choose "Reanchor Frames, This Page", everything
>works ok. Any thoughts ?

Somewhere in your file, you have a frame anchor mark that refers to a frame
that doesn't exist. It could be that you deleted a frame after you entered an
anchor mark for it, or that you typed the name of the frame differently in the
"insert frame anchor" dialogue box and the "anchor frames" dialogue box. For
example, you might have named a frame "house" and accidentally typed in
"housse" when you inserted the frame anchor. When you reanchor frames, Ventura
will come to the anchor mark named "housse" and won't find a frame with the
same name. You can solve the problem by telling Ventura to delete the
unresolved reference when it gives you the error message. This will delete the
anchor mark. However, if you still have that frame called "house", you need to
insert a new anchor mark for it. If the problem arose because you inserted an
anchor mark and then deleted the frame, you have no need for the mark anyway,
and you'll never miss it.

INTERNET:	tkw@gomez.phys.virginia.edu        "Teresa Welch"