[comp.text.desktop] HELP! Need converter DCA/RTF => troff input

rfg@NCD.COM (Ron Guilmette) (08/31/90)

In article <18210@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au> bruce@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au (Bruce Howarth) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there's a utility which takes
>ditroff's output and translates it to either DCA (IBM's
>Document Content Architecture) format or RTF (Microsoft's
>Rich Text Format)? If so, how do I get hold of it?
>
>We switch a lot between Unix and Macs around here, and
>such a translator would save a lot of mucking about.

We need a similar but different utility here.  We are planning to
convert a bunch of Micrsoft Word 4.0 files to troff input files.
We'd like to avoid having to manually re-do all of the formatting
stuff.  If you know of anyone who might have a converter program
that will do what we need, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

P.S.  The Mac-based MS-word 4.0 that we have can write out RTF format.
It seems that there is a translator already which can convert RTF files
to DCA files.  So it looks like we can start from either RTF or DCA
format files.  We still need to get from there to troff input however.
--

// Ron Guilmette  -  C++ Entomologist
// Internet: rfg@ncd.com      uucp: ...uunet!lupine!rfg