[comp.text.desktop] Need help defining terms

jak9213@helios.tamu.edu (John Kane) (09/03/90)

I am in the process of putting together a presentation. This
presentation is the a state-wide organization of college admissions and
records officers. I am to describe the process that we have used to take
a number of our publications from the "traditional" form to an
electronic form. I am also going to describe what we did to convert our
graduate (400 pp) and undergraduate (800 pp) catalogs from disks
provided to us by our typesetter.

What I need to do is compile a lexicon of terms commonly used in
electronic publishing. I think that by defining a number of these terms
I will be able to establish a starting point for the people in my
presentation.

If you can, please send me your favorite words, along with your
definition. If you have a word that you think everyone misuses, please
also send that. I will compile this list, along with my own list, and
then I will repost the answer back to the net.

My presentation on Nov 4-7, but I am going to need to have this list
completed by the end of the month. I will post my answer after the first
week of Oct.

Thanks.

 John Arthur Kane, Systems Analyst, Microcomputer Support and Training
 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843  (409) 845-9999

 jak9213@helios.tamu.edu     profs: x043jk@tamvm1.tamu.edu

lib9@jetson.uh.edu (09/15/90)