[comp.text.desktop] Markup for Wordperfect 5.0

jxr@thumper..bellcore.com (Jonathan Rosenberg) (12/18/90)

I'm interested in finding out if there are any markup programs for use
with Wordperfect 5.0.  By markup, I mean the kind of things an editor
does when editing a writing on the document to indicate changes.  I'm
trying to find software that can presevre the original document as
well as indicate changes suggested by editors (and probably merge
changes on demand as well).  I don't care if the markup looks like
traditional markup, or not.

Any help appreciated.

JR

Chuck.Fairchild@p18.f519.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Chuck Fairchild) (12/22/90)

In a message to All <18 Dec 90 13:21:00> Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:

 JR> I'm interested in finding out if there are any markup programs for use
 JR> with Wordperfect 5.0.  By markup, I mean the kind of things an editor
 JR> does when editing a writing on the document to indicate changes.  I'm

     WP itself has tools you can use -- redline, strikeout, comment, and document summary.  Text can be marked with redline and/or strikeout, which can then be removed automatically.  Comments can be inserted anywhere, displayed, convereted to test or deleted.  Document summary can be generated at each save to note who has worked on the document.  These features are described in the manual and in most books on WP 5.x.  Hope this helps!

--

        Chuck Fairchild, Chuck.Fairchild@p18.f519.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway