[comp.text.desktop] converting picture from Wordperfect .WPG

v105mahs@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Peter P Donohue) (02/16/91)

   I have some pictures in Word Perfect 5.1 .WPG format.  I'd
like to be able to access them with Ventura.  I convert .WPG
pictures from earlier versions of Word Perfect with Hijaak, but
it doesn't seem to be able to translate the newer ones.  Any
ideas on how I can access these pictures?  Thanks.

                                                Pete
Peter P. Donohue - University at Buffalo, Graduate School of Management
bitnet:   V105MAHS@UBVMS                  .  "Education is a journey
internet: V105MAHS@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU   .    not a destination..."

system@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (system administrator) (02/20/91)

v105mahs@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Peter P Donohue) writes:

>    I have some pictures in Word Perfect 5.1 .WPG format.  I'd
> like to be able to access them with Ventura.  I convert .WPG
> pictures from earlier versions of Word Perfect with Hijaak, but
> it doesn't seem to be able to translate the newer ones.  Any
> ideas on how I can access these pictures?  Thanks.

I recently tried Hijaak 2.01c on the new WPG files.  It works, sort of.
The files were converted to PCX, but with aspect ratios screwed up.  The
butterfly, for instance, should have been about 300% taller.

---
   Steve Pershing, System Administrator

| The QUESTOR PROJECT - Free Usenet News/Internet Mail; Sci, Med, AIDS, more |
| Usenet:  sp@questor.wimsey.bc.ca      |  POST: 1027 Davie Street,  Box 486 |
| Phones:  Voice/FAX:  +1 604 682-6659  |        Vancouver, British Columbia |
|          Data/BBS:   +1 604 681-0670  |        Canada  V6E 4L2             |