[comp.text.desktop] TIFF imports into PageMaker 4.0 for

aldus@cdp.UUCP (04/04/91)

Where did the TIFFs come from?  If it is from older scanner software,
contact the mfg.er about upgrading.  TIFFs are created equal.

jwhiting

aldus@cdp.UUCP (04/04/91)

My error, I meant to say not all TIFFs are created equal.  Nothing
worse than blowing a punchline...

jwhiting

arst@polari.UUCP (Mike Arst) (04/05/91)

In article <142900008@cdp> aldus@cdp.UUCP writes:

> Where did the TIFFs come from?  If it is from older scanner software,
> contact the mfg.er about upgrading.  TIFFs are created equal.

>jwhiting

I am not finding (when working on the Mac) that TIFFs are created
equal at all. When our office began using PM 4.0 for the Mac, TIFFs
created with the DA called DeskPaint, which had been 'importable'
with no problems by PM 3.0x, were suddenly turning to gobbledygook
when we tried to bring them into 4.0. On the other hand, the same
troublesome image files, imported into a QuarkXPress document, gave
us no trouble at all.

TIFFs created by other programs might not give PM 4.0 the spitups
at all.

Typical symptom: no image - just a grey box - or a bounding box
with lotsa junk inside it, but no recognizeable image.

Mike Arst
arst@polari.uucp
polari!arst@sumax.seattleu.edu