[comp.text.desktop] clipart needed!

kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Kline) (04/18/91)

I am interested in obtaining some clipart.  I know there is an area
on simtel20 (msdos.deskpub) that has some clip art but I am interested
in getting more.  One of the documents included in the archive indicates
that more clip art, public domain or share ware, is available if
there was interest.  I am interested in all types of clip art.  BTW,
I mentioned simtel20 above, I actually use the wuarchive.wustl.edu
mirrors area.

	Any comments would be appreciated,
		Thanks in advance,

Bill Kline                       | "We have so much time, and
Acadmic Computing                | so little to do.  Uhh,
University of Pittsburgh         | strike that, reverse it."
Bradford Campus                  |             -- Willy Wonka

INTERNET                          BITNET
    kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu           KLINE@PITTVMS.BITNET
CCNET                             UUCP
    kline@CISUNX                      kline@cisunx.uucp

v105mahs@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Peter P Donohue) (04/18/91)

In article <116745@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Kline) writes...

>I am interested in obtaining some clipart.  I know there is an area
>on simtel20 (msdos.deskpub) that has some clip art but I am interested
>in getting more.  One of the documents included in the archive indicates
>that more clip art, public domain or share ware, is available if
>there was interest.  I am interested in all types of clip art.

   You may also want to look in the PD:<MSDOS.WORDPERF> and PD:<MSDOS.VENTURA>
directories.  I know that the Word Perfect directory has close to a dozen
files that contain Word Perfect .WPG graphics.  I am not sure what (graphics
wise) is in the Ventura directory, but there are a few pictures in the Ventura
newsletters.

							Pete

Peter P. Donohue - University at Buffalo, Graduate School of Management
bitnet:   V105MAHS@UBVMS                  .  "Education is a journey
internet: V105MAHS@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU   .    not a destination..."

baughmankr@stat.appstate.edu (04/19/91)

In article <116745@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Kline) writes:

> I am interested in obtaining some clipart.  I know there is an area
> on simtel20 (msdos.deskpub) that has some clip art but I am interested
> in getting more.  One of the documents included in the archive indicates
> that more clip art, public domain or share ware, is available if
> there was interest.  I am interested in all types of clip art.  BTW,
> I mentioned simtel20 above, I actually use the wuarchive.wustl.edu
> mirrors area.
>
> 	Any comments would be appreciated,
> 		Thanks in advance,

> Bill Kline                       | "We have so much time, and
> Acadmic Computing                | so little to do.  Uhh,
> University of Pittsburgh         | strike that, reverse it."
> Bradford Campus                  |             -- Willy Wonka
>
> INTERNET                          BITNET
>     kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu           KLINE@PITTVMS.BITNET
>     kline@CISUNX                      kline@cisunx.uucp

Try the PC-SIG library at either ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (pc/pcsig) or
ksuvm.ksu.edu.

GET: DISK2100.ZIP thru DISK2117.ZIP, the Cooper Graphics Image Library.
I haven't looked at them but they are supposed to be graphic images
that can be used in most wordprocessors and desktop publishers.

You're welcome.

Kinney Baughman

diana@er.ARCO.COM (Diana Sparks) (04/19/91)

Speaking of clipart, andybody know where I can get some in
Mac formats? PICT, TIF, etc.

thanks

--
$
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>>><<<<<

v105mahs@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Peter P Donohue) (04/19/91)

In article <116745@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, kline@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Kline) writes...

>I am interested in obtaining some clipart.  I know there is an area
>on simtel20 (msdos.deskpub) that has some clip art but I am interested
>in getting more.  One of the documents included in the archive indicates
>that more clip art, public domain or share ware, is available if
>there was interest.  I am interested in all types of clip art.  BTW,
>I mentioned simtel20 above, I actually use the wuarchive.wustl.edu
>mirrors area.

  Below is a list of what I have found on Simtel20.  There is quite a
bit more available there than just in the deskpub directory.  Chances are
that this isn't a complete list.

  PD:<MSDOS.DESKPUB> directory: ARTMART1.ARC, ARTMART2.ARC,
ARTMART3.ARC, ARTMART4.ARC, IROC.ARC (.PCX format), and VNTURART.ARC -
pictures in various graphics formats
  PD:<MSDOS.MAC> directory:  MACBEST1.ARC and MACBEST2.ARC - pictures
in Macpaint .MAC format.
  PD:<MSDOS.WORDPERF> directory:  WP50ART1.ZIP, WP50ART2.ZIP,
WP50ART3.ZIP, WP50ART4.ZIP, WP50ART5.ZIP, WP50ART6.ZIP, WP50ART7.ZIP,
WPFREE3.ZIP, WPLOGOS.ZIP - all pictures in WordPerfect .WPG graphic
format
  PD:<MSDOS.VENTURA> directory:  GEMBRDRS.ARC (borders in .GEM format)
and VP-ART1.ARC (.PCC format clip art).  There are also a variety of
pictures (about a half dozen pics each) contained in the Ventura
newsletters that you may want to take a look at.

   I am always looking for more clip art.  If anyone knows of any that
I have left out, please contact me or post it here.
   Also, does anyone know of a program that will convert Word Perfect
5.1 graphics into something accessible to MSDOS Ventura?  I have
Hijaak v1.1, which will convert Word Perfect v5.0 and previous
graphics, but wont do the new ones.  I would prefer to find a
shareware or public domain program to do this, rather than having to
buy the new version of Hijaak.  Thanks.