[comp.mail.elm] alwaysdelete, alwaysleave and ask

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (05/08/87)

From: mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Michael Khaw)
Subject: alwaysdelete alwaysleave and ask

Before the recently posted set of 8 patches, elm always used to save undeleted
messages from my inbox to my "read" mailbox when I Q)uit, whether or not I had
read them.  Then, as now, my .elmrc had "alwaysdelete = ON", "alwaysleave = ON"
and "ask = OFF".  Since the patches, elm always leaves undeleted messages in
my inbox, so I never get anything saved to my "read" mailbox unless I do an
explicit save on each message.

Ideally, I'd like unread messages to stay in my inbox, and read messages
that aren't marked for deletion to be saved automatically into my "read"
mailbox.  What am I missing?

Mike Khaw
--
internet:  mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {hplabs|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|sri-unix}!mkhaw%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa