[comp.mail.elm] ELM on Sun

taylor@hpldat.UUCP (Dave Taylor) (05/08/87)

From: sundc!hqda-ai!merlin@seismo.CSS.GOV (David S. Hayes)
Subject: ELM on Sun
To: seismo!comp-mail-elm@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: 6 May 87 17:41:21 GMT

     I'm trying to put ELM on a Sun-3, 3.2 Unix.  I've been having
quite a few problems.

     My ELM is the 1.5 distribution from mod.sources, with patches
1-8 and the new from.c given earlier in this newsgroup.  I have
loaded Sun's System V compatibility package, but I personally
continue to run from the BSD environment.

     The configuration seems to work, but is seen to be incorrect
when make is run:

% make -i all
cd src;make 'DEFINE=' 'LIB2=' ../bin/elm
/bin/cc -c -O -I../hdrs -DRAWMODE  curses.c
curses.c: 37: Can't find include file termio.h
*** Error code 2 (ignored)

The makefile has not been told that this a BSD system, nor that it
is a Sun, nor that Sun already has a standard curses library.
This is most disturbing, as I was hoping that ELM would be a
suitable replacement for Berkeley Mail (AT&T Mailx).

     Has anyone else put ELM onto a Sun?  Can you tell me why I'm
not getting what I expected?  What modifications do I need to
make?  Thanks,
--
David S. Hayes, The Merlin of Avalon	PhoneNet:  (202) 694-6900
UUCP:  *!seismo!sundc!hqda-ai!merlin	ARPA:  merlin%hqda-ai.uucp@brl.arpa