[comp.mail.elm] Bug fixes for ELM 1.5b

taylor@hpldat.UUCP (Dave Taylor) (05/07/87)

From: Bill Silvert <silvert%dalcs%math.waterloo.edu@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Bug fixes for ELM 1.5b
To: comp-mail-elm%watmath.waterloo.edu@RELAY.CS.NET
Date: 6 May 87 23:44:03 GMT

Here are the fixes that I needed to make to install the new patches to elm
on my machine.  While I am running Sys V, these appear to be bugs that would
affect all users (except for #2):

  1. initialize.c: change DEBUGFILE to DEBUG.  DEBUGFILE is not defined.

  2. leavembox.c: unistd.h doesn't exist on my system.  If you don't have it
     either, all you have to do is define:
     	utimbuf { time_t actime;
		  time_t  modtime;
		  };
     This is taken from the previous version.  (Someone else posted
     this one recently, but you have to delete the #include unistd.h too
     of course to compile it.)

  3. showmsg.c: the second sprintf has a superfluous string field.
     change -- sprintf(title2, "Mailed %s %s, %d at %s%s\n",
     to     -- sprintf(title2, "Mailed %s %s, %d at %s\n",

A final comment -- I had three old versions of reply.c -- none of them
took the patches successfully, and I finally had to request reply.c from
Dave Taylor.

I think we all owe Dave a big debt of gratitude for the work he has put
into this.  He gave me a tremendous amount of help, all very prompt,
when I was installing ELM last month.  Hope you will be back soon, Dave!
--
Bill Silvert, Modelling/Statistics Group
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada

bill@bcsfse.UUCP (Bill Sears) (05/13/87)

In article <1753@hplabsc.HP.COM> taylor@hpldat (Dave Taylor) writes:
>  1. initialize.c: change DEBUGFILE to DEBUG.  DEBUGFILE is not defined.
On my system, DEBUGFILE is defined as

in hdrs/sysdefs.*

#define DEBUGFILE  "ELM:debug.info"

I don't know what it means, but it is defined.
--
	Bill Sears            ...!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!voodoo!bcsfse!bill
			FSE development project