[comp.mail.elm] possibility of reposting elm

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/04/87)

Hello,
  I was attempting to keep up with all of the elm bug fixes,
but finally gave up.  Has anybody decided to take over elm?
I finally went back to elm 1.5 and decided not to try to keep
up with the millions and millions ( ok, ok, so I exagerate a
little :-) ) of bug fixes.  What would be real nice is if
someone would simply repost the "latest and greatest" elm.
...thnx,
...Dave Alden
...alden@osupyr.UUCP  --or--  alden%osupyr@cbosgd.UUCP

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/05/87)

In article <1934@hplabsc.HP.COM>, alden@osupyr.UUCP (Dave Alden) writes:

>   I was attempting to keep up with all of the elm bug fixes,
> but finally gave up.  Has anybody decided to take over elm?
> I finally went back to elm 1.5 and decided not to try to keep
> up with the millions and millions ( ok, ok, so I exagerate a
> little :-) ) of bug fixes.  What would be real nice is if
> someone would simply repost the "latest and greatest" elm.

A great idea! I got *many* copies of the same bug fix, so after a
while, my elm didn't work at all (read: didn't compile). And since
it didn't work very well from the beginning either on my Sun, I'm
back using that old mail program again.

--
SNAIL:	Robert Claeson, PVAB, P.O. Box 4040, S-171 04 Solna, Sweden
UUCP:	{seismo,mcvax,munnari}!enea!pvab!robert

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/05/87)

In article <1934@hplabsc.HP.COM> ames!pyramid!mstar!uucp@RUTGERS.EDU (Dave Alden) writes:
>Has anybody decided to take over elm?

I hope so.  I have also tried to keep up with all the bug fixes and am just
wasting disk space in the process.  I would appreciate it if someone would
take over the job of maintaining the source and distributing it as is
dictated by demand.  I believe the big things are the cost of redistributing
the source and the portability the changes will create.

--
Steve J. Lindahl     |UUCP      {hplabs,seismo}...!hao!udenva!duorion!slindahl
University of Denver |BITNET    slindahl@ducair

        "I've got to drink a six pack of Heineken just to keep from..."

steven@lakesys.UUCP (Steven Goodman) (06/06/87)

I agree.  I am lost in the abyss of elm patches.  Would certainly be great
if someone could get these all together and post the complete "newest and
greatest" elm version.

--
Steven Goodman
Lake Systems   Milwaukee, Wisconsin

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/08/87)

Actually, my problem is that I missed a patch or two...

I would appreciate a complete repost and I could make the sources avail for
any UUCP transfer from this site.  (No, this isn't to say that I'm willing
to maintain it beyond or for it's author...)

--
"No matter      Joe Angelo, Sr. Sys. Engineer @ Austec, Inc., San Jose, CA.
where you go,   ARPA: aussjo!joe@lll-tis-b.arpa       PHONE: [408] 279-5533