[comp.mail.elm] Keeper of the Source?

pat@tifsie.UUCP (Pat Peters) (06/25/87)

I thought that someone had volunteered to keep the Elm source in line.
This was several months ago.  Is that person still interested?  It
sounds like Dave Taylor has the best copy of the source, but cannot put
the time into keeping it that way.  Someone needs to step it and do the
job.

I am inexperienced, but trainable.  Elm is a big hit here (many thanks,
Dave!), but it's becoming a real pain to keep up with patches.  I am
beginning to believe it would be less of a pain to volunteer to hold
the sources.  If someone more knowledgeable can do the job, PLEASE do
it.  If not, I will offer my meager services (mistakes and all) to
handle the source.  I don't really want the extra work, but I feel it's
necessary to keep down the anarchy.

I will await the verdict of the Elm public on this issue.  If you don't
want me to do this, don't worry--you're not hurting my feelings.  All I
want is an organized, maintainable source.
--
Patrick Peters                 UUCP:    ut-sally!im4u!ti-csl!tifsie!pat
Texas Instruments                          sun!texsun!ti-csl!tifsie!pat

barad@brand.usc.edu (Herb Barad) (06/25/87)

In article <2106@hplabsc.HP.COM> im4u!ti-csl!tifsie!pat@RUTGERS.EDU (Pat Peters) writes:
>I will await the verdict of the Elm public on this issue.  If you don't
>want me to do this, don't worry--you're not hurting my feelings.  All I
>want is an organized, maintainable source.

I say that if someone wants to do it, then that's great!  I say that
Pat should take over immediately.  Pat, I have a clean source (i.e.
before any of the patches) if you need a copy.

Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

USENET:		...!sdcrdcf!oberon!brand!barad			or
		...!mcvax!seismo!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!oberon!brand!barad

ARPANET:	barad@brand.usc.edu