[comp.mail.elm] How to tell we're on a Sun?

taylor@hpldat.UUCP (Dave Taylor) (06/25/87)

I'm playing with "configure.sh" and remember a number of people on
Sun workstations complaining that the Configure.sh script doesn't
correctly identify their machine as a Sun/BSD system.  I'd like to
fix that, but don't have easy access to a Sun system.  So instead,
I'd like to ask someone to read through Configure.sh and see how
I'm trying to determine what OS you're on, and then send me the
necessary patches to allow it to figure out you're on a Sun.

I'm actually in the middle of getting ready for a new set of
patches that will cover all posted fixes (and some free extra ones)
from the last set I posted.  If you can dig up a clean '1.5b' now's
the time to do so.

	Stay tuned.
					-- Dave Taylor

paul@vixie.UUCP (Paul Vixie Esq) (06/26/87)

In article <2108@hplabsc.HP.COM> taylor@hpldat (Dave Taylor) writes:
>I'm actually in the middle of getting ready for a new set of
>patches that will cover all posted fixes (and some free extra ones)
>from the last set I posted.  If you can dig up a clean '1.5b' now's
>the time to do so.

Dave--

I don't have a clean source.  I don't know what it would be, either.
Do you mean the one distributed with mod.sources, before any of the
large patch kits you sent out?  Or the source as it existed after your
last official patch?  I'm confused.

I suggest a minimal beta-test cycle, for which I will volunteer.  Last
time you posted a full source kit containing many bug fixes, there were
just a couple of glitches hither and thither.  Perhaps at least one
non-(Dave Taylor) person should try to bring this up and see how it
goes, before you post it to the net.

This is especially helpful to me, since I don't have clean source.  You
may want to consider re-posting to com.sources.unix (recently revived and
now running at more-or-less full tilt) since the version in the archives
doesn't have any of the patches or replacement files that you had to post
right after it came out.

If you want me to try the new version, let me know: hplabs!ptsfa!vixie!paul.
--
Paul A Vixie Esq
329 Noe Street       {ptsfa, crash, hoptoad, ucat}!vixie!paul