[comp.mail.elm] More elm fixes

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/08/87)

Two bugs that have been found and fixed:

1. If you have both keypad and softkeys turned off, elm will still
	try to turn the softkeys on.  This was traced to a bug in
	src/initialize.c.

2. If you limit your mailbox to any category (say, from X), and then
	turn off the limit, the header line is redrawn, but not the
	message headers themselves.  This was traced to a bug in
	src/elm.c.

I have enclosed patches at the end of this message for these two bugs.

Two bugs that I have found, but not been able to track down or fix.

1. If you have more than 10 messages in the mailbox, and have movepage
	turned off, goto message 11, hit -, then hit k.  Surprise!
	Message 11 has now overwritten message 1 on the menu.

2. If you use the builtin pager, and have a message that has exactly
	one more line when you get the "hit space to continue" prompt,
	then the "Press any key to return to Elm" line will overwrite
	the last line of the message (16 lines for 24-line screens
	should exhibit this error).

*** src/initialize.c.o	Wed Jun  3 09:27:37 1987
--- src/initialize.c	Mon Jun  1 14:43:49 1987
***************
*** 207,213

  	  cursor_control = FALSE;

! 	  if ((cp = return_value_of("ku")) != NULL)
  	   if (strlen(cp) == 2) {
  	    strcpy(up, cp);
  	    if ((cp = return_value_of("kd")) == NULL)

--- 207,213 -----

  	  cursor_control = FALSE;

! 	  if (hp_terminal && ((cp = return_value_of("ku")) != NULL))
  	   if (strlen(cp) == 2) {
  	    strcpy(up, cp);
  	    if ((cp = return_value_of("kd")) == NULL)
*** src/elm.c.orig	Wed Jun  3 08:37:28 1987
--- src/elm.c	Wed Jun  3 09:17:26 1987
***************
*** 305,310
  			   }
  			   else
  	    		     nufoot++;
  			   break;

  	    case 'm'    :  PutLine0(LINES-3, strlen("Command: "), "Mail");

--- 305,311 -----
  			   }
  			   else
  	    		     nufoot++;
+ 			   redraw++;
  			   break;

  	    case 'm'    :  PutLine0(LINES-3, strlen("Command: "), "Mail");

------
The New Number Who,	hpccc!okamoto@hplabs.hp.com
Jeff Okamoto		..!hplabs!hpccc!okamoto

daemon@hplabsc.UUCP (06/16/87)

In article <1969@hplabsc.HP.COM> root%hp-sdd.UUCP@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Jeff Okamoto) writes:

>Two bugs that have been found and fixed:
>
>1. If you have both keypad and softkeys turned off, elm will still
>	try to turn the softkeys on.  This was traced to a bug in
>	src/initialize.c.
> [etc etc again and again]

I don't know what's so fascinating about this article that I should be
privileged to receive about 20 copies of it. Is this a joke? :-(

--
Esmond Pitt, Austec International Ltd
...!seismo!munnari!ausmelb!ejp,ejp@ausmelb.oz.au

mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Michael Khaw) (06/16/87)

In article <2022@hplabsc.HP.COM> hplabs!seismo!munnari!mulga.oz!daemon (Esmond Pitt) writes:

>In article <1969@hplabsc.HP.COM> root%hp-sdd.UUCP@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Jeff Okamoto) writes:
>>
>>Two bugs that have been found and fixed:
>>
>>1. If you have both keypad and softkeys turned off, elm will still
>>	try to turn the softkeys on.  This was traced to a bug in
>>	src/initialize.c.
>> [etc etc again and again]
>
>I don't know what's so fascinating about this article that I should be
>privileged to receive about 20 copies of it. Is this a joke? :-(

Perhaps Jeff made the same mistake I did (only he didn't catch on sooner).
After one of my postings I got a mailer-daemon message that my message had
been dropped by ucbvax while it was trying to send to some address I didn't
recognize.  Not having paid attention to the "Received-by" headers that
showed that hplabs had forwarded my article to ucbvax (and hence, that hplabs
-- i.e., Dave Taylor -- had gotten my article), I promptly reposted it.

I don't know why hplabs was trying to post via ucbvax to someone ucbvax
couldn't reach, but this posting will show me whether or not it's been fixed.

By the way, our postings to moderated newsgroups go via Internet mail to
decwrl, which is one of the hosts that has offered to resolve addresses like
"comp-mail-elm" to the appropriate uucp address (loosely speaking).

Mike Khaw
--
internet:  mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {hplabs|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|sri-unix}!mkhaw%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa

okamoto@hpccc.BITNET (06/28/87)