[comp.mail.elm] Wanted: Elm 1.7 beta testers

taylor@hpldat.UUCP (Dave Taylor) (07/10/87)

I'd like to hear from some people running strange hardware and/or software
combinations that are interested in beta testing the next release of the
Elm Mail System.

If you'd like to do this I require:

	1. A small mag tape sent to me at:

		Dave Taylor
		Hewlett-Packard Laboratories - 3L
		1501 Page Mill Road
		Palo Alto, CA
		94304

	2. A willingness to WRITE DOWN any and all problems you encounter

	3. A small donation of $50,000 in small, unmarked bills.

	4. If you're going to do this I also request that you get a copy
	   of "cdiff" (? diffc) and use that for sending *me* any patches.

	5. You'll also need to let me know your email address so I can
	   set up a mailing list for beta testers.

(uh, the third one is a ringer, I admit! ;-)

Anyway, Elm 1.7 consists mostly of all the patches and such posted to the
net plus a number of fixes and slight enhancements of my own.  After the
beta test period I plan on posting the entire source code, probably to
comp.sources.unix or some other group of that ilke.

I'm especially interested in straight SYSV and BSD machines, and if anyone
is interested in hacking on the Xenix version of Elm, please get in touch
with me too!

If you're interested in this, drop me a note indicating what version
of Unix (if any) you're running, and what hardware you're running on.

			Yowee!  We're having fun now!!

						-- Dave Taylor --

jbuck@epimass.epi.com (Joe Buck) (07/14/87)

In article <2208@hplabsc.HP.COM> taylor@hpldat (Dave Taylor) writes:
>I'd like to hear from some people running strange hardware and/or software
>combinations that are interested in beta testing the next release of the
>Elm Mail System.
>
>If you'd like to do this I require:
>	4. If you're going to do this I also request that you get a copy
>	   of "cdiff" (? diffc) and use that for sending *me* any patches.

This is only needed for SysV people.  BSD people should generate
their diffs using "diff -c".  That's why the public domain program
is called "diffc".
--
- Joe Buck    jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM
	      {seismo,ucbvax,sun,decwrl,<smart-site>}!epimass.epi.com!jbuck