[comp.mail.elm] who's handling patches for 1.7 beta elm?

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (01/08/88)

Has someone volunteered for accepting patches for 1.7 beta ELM and
coordinating the official release?  I have a couple of fixes, but
someone else may have already found and fixed the bugs in question.
--
- Joe Buck  {uunet,ucbvax,sun,decwrl,<smart-site>}!epimass.epi.com!jbuck
	    Old internet mailers: jbuck%epimass.epi.com@uunet.uu.net

Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them.   -- Richard Bach

mechjgh@tness1.UUCP (Greg Hackney 214+464-2771) (01/09/88)

In article <1810@epimass.EPI.COM> jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) writes:

>Has someone volunteered for accepting patches for 1.7 beta ELM and
>coordinating the official release?  I have a couple of fixes

I asked for some help in obtaining the code for the beta version,
and got the attached reply. However, I didn't get any code, and
didn't get any response when trying to mail to kent. Nor did the
code get posted to comp.sources.unix as promised.

--
Greg Hackney
S.W. Bell Telephone

  Date: Thu, 17 Dec 87 10:50:25 cst
  From: ihnp4!pollux!ti-csl!tifsil!kent (Russell Kent)
  Subject: Re: Wanted - Elm mailer code

  mechjgh@tness1.UUCP (Greg Hackney 214+464-2771):
  > Does anybody in the Texas area have the beta test version
  > of the Elm mailer program that I can uucp? (It's available
  > by anonymous FTP from uunet and purdue.)
  > --
  > Greg Hackney
  > Southwestern Bell Telephone Co.
  > {ihnp4,killer,petro,splut}!tness1!root
  Greg,

  We have it.  (In fact, I think we're supposed to be taking over the
  maintenance of the code, but don't quote me on that.)  I've asked
  the powers that be to send it to you.

  Russell Kent		Phone: +1 214 995 3501
  Texas Instruments - MS 3635	Net mail:
  P.O. Box 655012   ...!{ihnp4,uiucdcs}!convex!smu!tifsie!kent
  Dallas, TX 75265  ...!ut-sally!im4u!ti-csl!tifsie!kent

shprentz@bdmrrr.bdm.com (Joel Shprentz) (01/13/88)

In article <1810@epimass.EPI.COM>, jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) writes:

> Has someone volunteered for accepting patches for 1.7 beta ELM and
> coordinating the official release?  I have a couple of fixes, but
> someone else may have already found and fixed the bugs in question.

Dave Taylor sent Elm 1.7 beta tapes to a handful of sites last August.
I collected patches from those sites and sent a revised 1.7 beta to Rich
Salz in October.  He wanted to give Elm another round of testing before
posting to comp.sources, so he made it available by anonymous FTP from
uunet.  Patches from that version have slowed to a trickle and I'm
finishing up the consolidated release.

If you have any patches to Elm 1.7 beta, please send them to me.

--
Joel Shprentz                   Phone:  (703) 848-7305
BDM Corporation                 Uucp:  {rutgers,vrdxhq,rlgvax}!bdmrrr!shprentz