[comp.mail.elm] A Call for Volunteers

mechjgh@tness7.UUCP (Greg Hackney ) (06/05/88)

I. Elm Coordinator

   So far, 2 people have volunteered to coordinate Elm releases:

   Sydney Weinstein (syd@dsinc.UUCP), Datacomp Systems Inc.
   Brian O'Neill (oneill@bu-tyng.UUCP), Boston University

   If you would like to volunteer, please post a message and send
   me email. I plan to call for votes starting on Friday June 17th.

   Brian posted that he has the "official" Elm 2.0 gamma release
   from David Taylor to turn over to the coordinator.

II. Elm Testers

   If you would like to volunteer to be a test site for
   future elm releases, please send me email listing your
   machine type and operating system. I'll summarize this info
   for the coordinator, and the also post the votes to the net.
--
Greg Hackney
Southwestern Bell Telephone Co., Dallas    "What hath God wrought?"

boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu (SoftXc Coordinator) (06/06/88)

In article <2689@tness7.UUCP> mechjgh@tness7.UUCP (Greg Hackney ) writes:

>   Brian posted that he has the "official" Elm 2.0 gamma release
>   from David Taylor to turn over to the coordinator.

I don't think I quite said this. I have talked with Dave about the release
of Elm 2.0 gamma. I did not receive it from him, nor can he endorse it's
distribution, due to extenuating circumstances. Certain things must be taken
care of before an "official" net release can be made, but that will have to
wait for a coordinator to be chosen.

Brian O'Neill, MS-DOS Software Exchange Coordinator
ArpaNet: boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu
UUCP   : {(backbones),harvard,rutgers,et. al.}!ulowell!hawk!boneill

hack@bellboy.UUCP (Greg Hackney) (06/07/88)

In article <7406@swan.ulowell.edu> boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu (SoftXc Coordinator) writes:

>...................................I've talked with Dave about the release
>of Elm 2.0 gamma. I did not receive it from him, nor can he endorse it's
>distribution, due to extenuating circumstances. Certain things must be taken
>care of before an "official" net release can be made, but that will have to
>wait for a coordinator to be chosen.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your posting. I stand corrected.

On another note..., there have been 4 people so far to volunteer
as the Elm coordinator. And quite a few beta test volunteers on a wide
variety of equipment. I think it is going to get off to a strong start.

--
Greg