[comp.mail.elm] Beating XENIX ld into submission

bishop@foobar.hf.intel.com (Brian Bishop) (06/13/88)

In article <351@vector.UUCP> chip@vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>BTW, has anybody beaten the 286 XENIX ld into submission and gotten a
>reasonable elm 2.0 executable?  There has been some very nasty flailing
>going down here...

ld?  How about cc?  I get "expression too complicated" in elm.c (845) and
screen.c (305).  It's those silly nested ?:'s in sprintf's that Dave seems
so fond of (actually, they are cute; just more hate for Microsoft).  I know
I can split them up, but I would rather not.

I'm using Intel XENIX 286 R3.5 with 2 MB of memory in an Intel 310/286.
--
Brian Lloyd Bishop             <tektronix!psu-cs | uunet!littlei>!foobar!bishop
WB7BSF,  Cessna 150 N5513G                   bishop@foobar<.hf.intel.com|.uucp>