[comp.mail.elm] Alpha Mailing List, where is Eric C.

korn@altger.UUCP (Hans Korneder) (08/16/88)

In article <515@anagld.UUCP> rcsmith@anagld.UUCP (Ray Smith) writes:
>In article <724@wb3ffv.UUCP> howardl@wb3ffv.UUCP (Howard Leadmon ) writes:
><In article <9792@netsys.COM>, len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:
><< What happened to the mailing list..
>>Has anybody heard anything about ELM yet ?? I have sent several Email
>>messages to Eric (edc@altnet.com), but to date NO RESPONSE..
>I have followed up with several mail messages and even a few phone calls to
>Eric's answering machine.  I have not heard a peep.  What gives Eric??

Hello out there!

Sorry to say, but Eric Christensen left Altos US.
I don't know where he has gone (or how to reach him).
I've got the message from somebody else at Altos, not directly from him.
As far as I can recognize the situation at Altos San Jose,
it was a very fast decision of him, to leave the company.
We (at altger) had a very good contact to him, and we were very surprised, too.
We just were in the middle of a discussion, how he could send us
a few Telebit Trailblazer Modems (we do not get them here
in Germany, or at least only at horrible prices..).

I'm working at Altos Munich (somewhere in good ol' Europe :-),
so I don't think I can be of any great help for developing Elm.
(Its a matter of my location & telephone cost, NOT a matter of
knowledge :-) ...  (If I just had my Telebit trailblazer... :-)

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope, you've got the message..

Hans

--
Hans Korneder     UUCP:      ...!uunet!mcvax!unido!altger!korn
                  VOICE:     +49 89 854840 -or- 4488373