[comp.mail.elm] Elm Mailing List -- revisited

jgd@csd1.milw.wisc.edu (John G Dobnick) (08/20/88)

Lots of silence since the "tester's" mailing list was formed, then all of a
sudden, I see this...  [I am *not* picking on Mr. Klann -- I merely see his
article as a "red flag"]

From article <258@heurikon.UUCP>, by davek@heurikon.UUCP (David Klann):

> [...]
> I've implemented his suggestion for dealing with outgoing mail storage
> (the "From: To:" header).  I think I like the BCC change he has
> proposed, but I haven't put the patches in yet.
>
> I think it's real important for Eric to make a final decision on
> these design changes (based on the Testers' input).
> [...]
>
> What we *do* need right now is a lot of input from *ALL* the Testers.
> Even if you are not interested in making changes you should at least
> voice an opinion on the suggested changes.

A question or two, if you please.  I thought all you "testers" went off to the
"back room" to *test*!  Instead, it looks like you are doing *design* work!
"...BCC change proposed...", "...suggestion for dealing with outgoing mail
storage...", "...final decision on these *design changes* [emphasis mine] ...".

This is beginning to sound like a "Hack Attack".

(1) So, what is changing about Elm?

(2) Can the rest of us Elm users have a say in what's going on?

I suspect that there are* one or two people out here that may have a useful
suggestion or two.

Or am I being overly paranoid and misinterpreting reality here?
--
John G Dobnick
Computing Services Division @ University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

"Knowing how things work is the basis for appreciation,
and is thus a source of civilized delight."  -- William Safire