[comp.mail.elm] Elm won't compile.

rich@jolnet.UUCP (Rich Andrews) (08/24/88)

 I am trying to get elm to compile here.  I get to the last compile stage to create
elm and it dies complaining that gethostname in undefined in initialize.o and yet
i have defined NEED_GETHOSTNAME in the makefile.  This is a SYSV AT&T 3b2/400.
Any ideas?  HELP!

rich andrews

--
Any opinions expressed are my own.  Now, for a limited time, they can be yours
too, for the incredible price of only $19.95.  Simply send $19.95 (in Alterian

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (08/25/88)

In article <719@jolnet.UUCP> rich@jolnet.UUCP (Rich Andrews) writes:
> I am trying to get elm to compile here.  I get to the last compile stage to create
>elm and it dies complaining that gethostname in undefined in initialize.o and yet
>i have defined NEED_GETHOSTNAME in the makefile.  This is a SYSV AT&T 3b2/400.
>Any ideas?  HELP!

This answer holds for Elm 1.5b.
You should first run Configure.sh, then customize hdrs/sysdefs.h to your
own needs and *there* you should define NEED_GETHOSTNAME (if not already done).
If you do so, in filter/utils2.c and src/opt_utils.c a gethostname routine
will be compiled.
It worked perfectly here, also on a System V system.

--
#  Jos Vos                             #  Internet  jos@idca.tds.philips.nl  #
#  Philips TDS, Dept SSP               #                                     #