[comp.mail.elm] Future elm development

syd@dsinc.UUCP (Syd Weinstein) (09/02/88)

Elm 2.1 is drawing to a close and it is time to look to the future.
I have sent all the developers and testers of elm 2.1 that I have
record of a message asking them if they wish to continue.  If you
are a 2.1 developer/tester and have not received that message, please
respond to syd@dsinc.UUCP by e-mail and send me your system and os type
and a preferred path to reach you.  Also indicate whether you wish to
be a developer/tester or only a tester.

If you are not a 2.1 developer or tester and wish to do so in the future
drop me a e-mail note and tell me your interest and the same info I am
asking of the existing developers.

Many of you have seen 2.0 or 2.1, and it is now time to ask the Elm
public what new features they would like to see in 2.2.  Please drop
me a e-mail note with a list of new features and a short description
of how you think they should work.

I thank all the developers and testers for their work, and all the
rest for their patience.
Sydney S. Weinstein, CDP, CCP
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
{allegra,bellcore,bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	FAX:   (215) 938-0235

woerz@iaoobelix.UUCP (Dieter Woerz) (09/09/88)

In article <436@dsinc.UUCP> syd@dsinc.UUCP (Syd Weinstein) writes:
>Many of you have seen 2.0 or 2.1, and it is now time to ask the Elm
>public what new features they would like to see in 2.2.  Please drop
>me a e-mail note with a list of new features and a short description
>of how you think they should work.

I'm not shure this is the time to ask, as most of the users of elm
don't know what features have already been incorporated in ELM 2.1.

Either you should tell us the new features of ELM 2.1 and the
differences of ELM 2.1 and lets say ELM 1.5b (as I think, this is the
most distributed version of elm) or we should wait, until Rich has
released the new version, so that all the others, which didn't had the
chance to get an early version of ELM 2.0gamma can install it.

What I see now, is a discussion about features, that have been
already incorporated into the new version.

Dieter Woerz
Fraunhofer Institut fuer Arbeitswirtschaft und Organisation
Abt. 453
Holzgartenstrasse 17
D-7000 Stuttgart 1
W-Germany

BITNET: iaoobel.uucp!woerz@unido.bitnet
UUCP:   ...{uunet!unido, pyramid}!iaoobel!woerz