[comp.mail.elm] Elm 2.1 pl1 curses bug

jim@umigw.MIAMI.EDU (jim brown) (12/14/88)

[ munch munch munch ]

Building Elm 2.1 pl1 on Ultrix 3.0 I found that messages listed to the
screen by the 'builtin' pager were missing 'carriage returns' between
consecutive lines.  Below is the patch I used to work around this problem.

Jim (jim@umigw.miami.edu)

*** curses.c-o	Mon Dec 12 16:59:46 1988
--- curses.c	Mon Dec 12 18:55:37 1988
***************
*** 665,670
  	/** Write a zero argument line at location x,y **/

  	char     *p, *pend;

  	MoveCursor(x,y);
  	printf("%s", line);	/* to avoid '%' problems */

--- 665,671 -----
  	/** Write a zero argument line at location x,y **/

  	char     *p, *pend;
+ 	int	needCR = 0;

  	MoveCursor(x,y);
  	printf("%s", line);	/* to avoid '%' problems */
***************
*** 685,690
  	  if (*p++ == '\n') {
                       (_line < LINES) ? _line++: _line;
  			_col = 0;		/* on new line! */
  		}
  	  }
  }

--- 686,692 -----
  	  if (*p++ == '\n') {
                       (_line < LINES) ? _line++: _line;
  			_col = 0;		/* on new line! */
+ 			needCR++;
  		}
  	  }
  	if (needCR)
***************
*** 687,692
  			_col = 0;		/* on new line! */
  		}
  	  }
  }

  /*VARARGS2*/

--- 689,696 -----
  			needCR++;
  		}
  	  }
+ 	if (needCR)
+ 	  CarriageReturn();
  }

  /*VARARGS2*/

==================== end of curses patch =====================
--
Jim Brown, University of Miami (home of the Hurricanes)
[send mail to jim@umigw.miami.edu]

rhealey@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Rob Healey) (12/14/88)

In article <198@umigw.MIAMI.EDU> jim@umigw (jim brown) writes:
>Building Elm 2.1 pl1 on Ultrix 3.0 I found that messages listed to the
>screen by the 'builtin' pager were missing 'carriage returns' between
>consecutive lines.  Below is the patch I used to work around this problem.
>
>Jim (jim@umigw.miami.edu)

	I had the same problem, I fixed it by taking out the CRMOD
	in the ioctl that set's BSD terminal modes. This effects most
	if not all BSD systems. I have to fix this on an Encore Multimax
	and a Sun.

		-Rob Healey

		rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu