[comp.mail.elm] site aliases in elm

david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) (02/25/89)

It would be nice it there was a feature in elm to have a system alias
file that elm understood.  I know there is /usr/lib/aliases that is read
by sendmail, but this does not expand the list of users in the header.
-David-
--
Bitnet:   david@wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios@wucs1.wustl.edu    < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics

syd@dsinc.UUCP (Syd Weinstein) (02/26/89)

In article <322@wubios.wustl.edu> david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) writes:
>It would be nice it there was a feature in elm to have a system alias
>file that elm understood.  I know there is /usr/lib/aliases that is read
>by sendmail, but this does not expand the list of users in the header.
It would be nice it people read the documentation :-).
Or even the configuration output :-).

One of the configuration questions is: How many system wide aliases.

Elm supports both user and system wide aliases.  However, due to the
added information needed by elm, this file is not the same as the
smail or the sendmail aliases.

In 2.2 we moved the location of the file, but in 2.1 it's in the
mail spool directory.  If root runs newalias, it will update the system
file.

Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
{allegra,bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	                FAX:   (215) 938-0235