[comp.mail.elm] Xenix problems with elm 2.2

root@mgse.UUCP (System Administrator) (05/06/89)

I am having some problems with elm 2.2 that i hope someone can help with.

I am running SCO Xenix 2.2.1 and elm2.2 pl5.

1)	All mail i send out is addressed from anonymous
2)	if i mail someone and use the 'copies to' i get a usage prompt from
	rmail, and the mail is lost.
3)	Sometimes Configure will say i have the utimbuf structure.

Problem #1 is causing the most problems. I have wrote a shell script
called rmail to save the mail and then call the real rmail program,
the mail is being sent out without a from field, it seems rmail is
adding the "From anonymous" line into the message before it calls
execmail.

If anyone has had these problems before, or knows the causes of them,
please respond.

Mark Seiffert,	 Metairie, LA.

uucp:		rex!mgse!marks
bitnet:		marks%mgse@REX.CS.TULANE.EDU
internet:	marks%mgse@rex.cs.tulane.edu

mechjgh@tness7.UUCP (Greg Hackney ) (05/07/89)

In article <222@mgse.UUCP> root@mgse.UUCP (System Administrator) writes:

>I am running SCO Xenix 2.2.1 and elm2.2 pl5.
>
>1)	All mail i send out is addressed from anonymous

After you run "Configure", edit "config.h" to undefine "DONT_ADD_FROM".

>2)	if i mail someone and use the 'copies to' i get a usage prompt from
>	rmail, and the mail is lost.

If you're not running Excelan TCP/IP, install the public domain
"smail" program which replaces /bin/rmail. If you are running Excelan
TCP/IP, send me email.