[comp.mail.elm] Patch #2 onwards anyone on Sun3/SunOS4 ? init.c problem.

indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) (05/03/89)

I am not sure if I took a step backwards or what, I have not been able to
compile elm following Patch #2 and thereafter... I get the following when make
hits init.c:

	cc  -O -I../hdrs     -sun3 -c  init.c
	init.c: 378: TCGETA redefined
	"init.c", line 376: undefined structure or union
	"init.c", line 384: TIOCGETP undefined
	"init.c", line 394: sg_erase undefined
	"init.c", line 395: sg_kill undefined
	*** Error code 1 (ignored)

Any insight and/or help will be appreciated.
--
Indra K. Singhal
{ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!indra

rob@PacBell.COM (Rob Bernardo) (05/03/89)

In article <25499@amdcad.AMD.COM> indra@amdcad.UUCP (Indra Singhal) writes:
+I am not sure if I took a step backwards or what, I have not been able to
+compile elm following Patch #2 and thereafter... I get the following when make
+hits init.c:
+Any insight and/or help will be appreciated.

If anyone has difficulties recompiling after a patch, the first (and easiest)
thing to check is, if the directions in the patch (follow the commentary
on the included changes) mention to run "Configure" or "Configure -d" again,
that you did.
--
Rob Bernardo, Pacific Bell UNIX/C Reusable Code Library
Email:     ...![backbone]!pacbell!pbhyf!rob   OR  rob@pbhyf.PacBell.COM

mrp@sirius.ua.oz (Mark Prior) (05/09/89)

From article <25499@amdcad.AMD.COM>, by indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal):
> I am not sure if I took a step backwards or what, I have not been able to
> compile elm following Patch #2 and thereafter...

This is caused because SunOS 4.0 is BSD but also has TERMIO. At the
beginning of the file termio.h is included not sgetty.h but later the
preprocessor symbol BSD is used to use the sgetty version of the code.
I changed the latter to use the TERMIO code, ie changed the ifdef from
BSD to TERMIO and reversed the order of the code.

Mark.
--
Mark Prior                              Phone : +61 8 228 5680
University Computing Services           Telex : UNIVAD AA89141