[comp.mail.elm] Aliases: Length, and fullnames

In article <8532@chinet.chi.il.us> ignatz@chinet.chi.il.us (Dave Ihnat) writes:
>Perhaps I'm overlooking something here, but I don't think so.  (I know I'll
>be corrected if I am...)

[letting smail etc. do alias expansion]

>Elm doesn't allow this.  If I try to mail to a local user who isn't recognized,
>I can't override the complaint about an unknown user.  However, when I tried

There are configuration options for this.  Of course if you tell it not
to check outbound addresses or local user names you won't get the
full name of the user displayed when you give the alias or name.  You
also don't get a warning that destination doesn't exist, but the transport
should return a copy if it is wrong anyway.

Les Mikesell