[comp.mail.elm] elm 2.2 problems

david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) (06/14/89)

This report came from one of our users using the elm 2.2 PL8 package.
-David-

 two observations:

 1)sometimes when newmail arrives instead of just notifying me of the
   new arrival, the entire list in 'elm' is displayed on the screen!

 2)today i got a newmail notice with the subject specified but when
   i went to elm to read it, it wasn't there!

Bitnet:   david@wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios@wucs1.wustl.edu    < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wucs1!wubios!david          v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110
--

indra@hobbes.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (06/15/89)

In article <497@wubios.wustl.edu> david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) writes:
>This report came from one of our users using the elm 2.2 PL8 package.
>-David-
> 2)today i got a newmail notice with the subject specified but when
>   i went to elm to read it, it wasn't there!

Newmail and Elm have their own independent timed triggers on when they
resynchronize automatically.  Couple of things: either you could wait
a while or in elm hit the '$' to force a resynchronization. Your new message
that was reported by newmail would then show up.

iNDRA | indra@amdcad.AMD.COM                 (408) 749-5445