[comp.mail.elm] elm 2.2 reads rn folders

david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) (06/01/89)

I made a mistake in a recent posting.  elm 2.2 PL8 does seem to read
rn-generated folders.  It seems like we were having a problem, but no
longer.  Oh well, sorry for any confusion.  -David-

--
Bitnet:   david@wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios@wucs1.wustl.edu    < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics

woerz%isaak@isaak.uucp (Dieter Woerz) (07/23/89)

In article <478@wubios.wustl.edu> david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) writes:
>I made a mistake in a recent posting.  elm 2.2 PL8 does seem to read
>rn-generated folders.  It seems like we were having a problem, but no
>longer.  Oh well, sorry for any confusion.  -David-

The problem here still exists with elm 2.2 PL8. It's a problem while
reading the From_ line. Rn writes the From_ line correctly with the
date given by ctime. On BSD-System the daylight saving time is given
in a seperate field with the letters DST, perhaps to make the parsing
for the timezone easier.

The From_ line output by rn here looks like that:
    From ...!mcvax!uunet!wugate!wubios!david Sat Jun 17 00:52:03 MET DST 1989
(The ... were inserted by me to get the line short enough).

What I like to know, is there a RFC or something like that, how the
From_ line should look like, specially the date? If not, is it
possible to have elm parse a date like the one generated by rn too.

Dieter Woerz
ISA GmbH, Azenbergstr. 35 D-7000 Stuttgart-1 W-Germany
UUCP:           {pyramid!iaoobel,uunet!unido}!isaak!woerz
BITNET/EARN:    woerz@ds0iff5