[comp.mail.elm] Joining the Elm Development Group

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (08/01/89)

In article <8046@spool.cs.wisc.edu> solomon@gjetost.cs.wisc.edu (Marvin Solomon) writes:
>In article <1989Jul31.012922.12548@DSI.COM> syd@DSI.COM writes:
>>Lastly, if you are making changes to Elm, why not join the Elm
>>development group and let others share in your changes.
>What does that entail?
>Can't one simple contribute stuff without joining a development group?
What it entails is sending me a message asking to join.  Why join,
because then you get to know who's working on what, and you can get
your changes into an official release.  You also get to try out your
changes against the newest version that is in deveopment.

We do accept changes from others that are not on the group, see
any of the patches, but sometimes its easier on me, as coordinator,
if the changes already fit the current version.

All I ask of developers is that they stay up to date, and can access
either my system via uucp, or have ftp ability.

Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235