[comp.mail.elm] Header question

stevesc@microsoft.UUCP (Steve Schonberger) (10/13/89)

Someone asked me if there was a way I could shut off the "X-Mailer:"
header.  I didn't know.  I tried putting a null "X-Mailer:" line into
the elmheaders file and it just generated an extra.  I didn't see
anything in elmrc about it.

--
	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
	"Working under pressure is the sugar that we crave" --A. Lamb

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (10/14/89)

stevesc@microsoft.UUCP (Steve Schonberger) writes:
>Someone asked me if there was a way I could shut off the "X-Mailer:"
>header.
No, the only way is to change your source code.
X-Mailer is not an optional header in Elm.

We like it there because it makes it easier to track down problems.
(For me especially, if people forget to tell me what version
they are running, the header will tell me).
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235