[comp.mail.elm] Elm on Sun 386i

g1d@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Matthew) (10/19/89)

 I am interested in installing Elm on a Sun 386i to be used primarily
as a mail and news server.  I have a source for Elm2.2.7 which I guess
means v2.2 p7. I'm wondering if this will work on a 386i running SunOS4.02.
I don't see this mentioned specifically anywhere in the docs.

Should I get a newer version?

Any problems to worry about?

Your experiences would be helpful.

Thanks Matthew Ammann

Email g1d@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (10/19/89)

g1d@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Matthew) writes:
> I am interested in installing Elm on a Sun 386i to be used primarily
>as a mail and news server.  I have a source for Elm2.2.7 which I guess
>means v2.2 p7. I'm wondering if this will work on a 386i running SunOS4.02.
>I don't see this mentioned specifically anywhere in the docs.
First off,  am not sure what Elm2.2.7 is, as the Elm coordinator,
we dont use that numbering scheme.  To see the current
version of Elm, look at the file hdrs/patchlevel.h, that will
tell you the patch level (as will running Elm itself and looking
at the menu).  Anyway, 2.2 PL7 is out of date, the current PL is
11 and will soon be 12.

As to Sun386i's, it better, thats where the source is kept for the
master copy.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235