[comp.mail.elm] C

ejp@bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) (11/16/89)

Help.

I am running ELM 2.2 PL0.

When I try to change folders to % (my mailbox) I get 'mail folder is
corrupt!', whether or not % (= /usr/mail/ejp) is empty.

Is this a known problem?

--
Esmond Pitt, Computer Power Group
ejp@bohra.cpg.oz

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (11/17/89)

ejp@bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) writes:
>I am running ELM 2.2 PL0.
First off, current version is PL13, not PL0, the archive-server@dsi.com
always stands ready to send out those patches.

>When I try to change folders to % (my mailbox) I get 'mail folder is
>corrupt!', whether or not % (= /usr/mail/ejp) is empty.
% is not your spool file, its the folder directory, and that directory
is indeed a corrupt mailbox.

>Is this a known problem?
One of these years someone might put in  a check that the file about
to be opened is indeed a file and not a directory.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

ejp@bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) (11/20/89)

In article <1989Nov17.020845.17698@DSI.COM> syd@DSI.COM writes:
>ejp@bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) writes:
>>I am running ELM 2.2 PL0.
>First off, current version is PL13, not PL0, the archive-server@dsi.com
>always stands ready to send out those patches.

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the current patch level, and
that's why I specified what I am running, which is presently the latest
source available to me. I can improve this soon.

>>When I try to change folders to % (my mailbox) I get 'mail folder is
>>corrupt!', whether or not % (= /usr/mail/ejp) is empty.
>% is not your spool file, its the folder directory, and that directory
>is indeed a corrupt mailbox.

If this is true it seems to have changed since ELM 1.5b, which is the
last version I used. Or else my memory is going.