[comp.mail.elm] getting patches for elm2.2...

greg@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Greg Sylvain) (11/23/89)

	Hi,

	I just built version 2.2 of the elm mailer, and the patch level is 0.
I was wondering were or how to get patches 1 through 8, I was able to pull
patch 9 and 10 off the net.  I saw in the an old posting of the elm monthly
posting, that patches are available from the arvhice server at DSI.COM.  But
is this an anon. ftp site or what.  If it is, can someone tell me the IP
address.  And if it's not, can someone e-mail me the patches.  I would also
like any patches made sine 10, since that was the last one I saw.

	Thanks in advance,
		greg
--
                                Greg Sylvain
                                University of Maryland Baltimore County

        UUCP:                   ...{uunet}!umbc3!greg
                                ...{uunet}!umbc3!jester!greg
        Internet :              greg@umbc3.umbc.edu
				greg%jester.UUCP@umbc3.umbc.edu
        BITNET :                GREGS@UMBC

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (11/24/89)

greg@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Greg Sylvain) writes:
>I saw in the an old posting of the elm monthly
>posting, that patches are available from the arvhice server at DSI.COM.  But
>is this an anon. ftp site or what?
I thought my monthly posting was clear enough, but,
the archive-server@dsi.com is a mail response program.  Just mail
to it and it will reply with instructions on how to use it.  Elm
patches can be sent via the send command, and the patches are
named elm2.2.pN where N is the patch number.  Just remember it's
a program, so just send it the commands, if it gets confused, it
will just mail you back instructions.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

CCDN@levels.sait.edu.au (david newall) (11/24/89)

Many, many people have asked how they can get patches for elm.  Come on
everyone.  WAKE UP!

Here is an extract from every elm patch that I've ever seen; so there is
little excuse for someone not knowing this:

        The patches are available from the dsinc archive server
        Send the following message to archive-server@DSI.COM for
        a list of available patches:

        Subject: patch list
        send index elm

I trust that this puts an end to this very popular question?

David Newall                     Phone:  +61 8 343 3160
Unix Systems Programmer          Fax:    +61 8 349 6939
Academic Computing Service       E-mail: ccdn@levels.sait.oz.au
SA Institute of Technology       Post:   The Levels, South Australia, 5095

anthony@nereid.ists.ca (David M. Anthony) (11/25/89)

In article <1989Nov24.021522.26564@DSI.COM> syd@DSI.COM writes:
[some stuff deleted]
>the archive-server@dsi.com is a mail response program.  Just mail
>to it and it will reply with instructions on how to use it.  Elm
>patches can be sent via the send command, and the patches are
>named elm2.2.pN where N is the patch number.  Just remember it's
>a program, so just send it the commands, if it gets confused, it
>will just mail you back instructions.
>--
>Sydney S. Weinstein, CDP, CCP                   Elm Coordinator
>Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
>syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

I have many times sent this archive-server a request for help with no
response. Has anyone else had this problem?

David M. Anthony
anthony@nereid.sal.ists.ca  (INTERNET)
fs300276@yusol              (BITNET)
(416) 665-5451

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (11/25/89)

anthony@nereid.ists.ca (David M. Anthony) writes re archive-server@dsi.com:
>I have many times sent this archive-server a request for help with no
>response. Has anyone else had this problem?

If you are having problems with the archive server of this nature,
write me, and at the same time, resend it one of the failed trys.
I will look in the queue and see what happened.

Most times, the problem is that it cannot figure out a reply
path.  Thus try the

path working-path-to-you

command within your message.  BTW: our archive-server is just
the decwrl archive server program.  Its dumb, but easy to maintain.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (11/27/89)

All the Elm patches are also available for anonymous ftp from
mthvax.cs.miami.edu (129.171.32.5) in ~ftp/pub/elm/elm2.2patches

aem

--
a.e.mossberg / aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem@umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
Eighty percent of mankind is stuff to fill graves with. - Ford Madox Ford