From: "My Name, this_is_what_i_usually_do_when_i_am_at_work_and_i_am_verbose"
	<myloginname@subdom2.subdom1.nl>
To: edwin@cs.ruu.nl
Subject: ...

I've configured Elm to USE_EMBEDDED_ADDRESSES (i.e. trust and
use 'Reply-To:' and 'From:' fields) and that usually works fine.
On this message, Elm took the entire string between double quotes
as the return address and added the same field without quotes as
comment between '(' and ')'; it didn't notice the *real* mail
address on the next line (I tried 'mailx' as well: it did!).

Although I have my suspicions on the "From:" line, it seems legal
RFC822 to me (Right ??).

I am about to call this a bug (or at least Elm doesn't obey RFC822
on this specific point), but maybe I'm missing something. I hope
some of you will comment on this, especially the Elm development
group... (by the way: i'm running ELM2.2 PL14)

						--[ Edwin ]--

--
Edwin Kremer, Department of Computer Science, University of Utrecht
Padualaan 14,  P.O. Box 80.089,  3508 TB  Utrecht,  The Netherlands

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (11/30/89)

edwin@praxis.cs.ruu.nl (Edwin Kremer) writes:
>I just discovered a problem with Elm concerning a "From:" header line
>that covers more than one line.
Its a known bug, and has been corrected in 2.3.  I forget, for the moment,
why I didn't put it into a 2.2 patch, but I had some reason at the time.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235