[comp.mail.elm] To Syd

peter@na.excelan.com (Peter Tran) (11/30/89)

I always wonder about the little designation that our Elm coordinator
put after his name, Sydney Weinstein, CDP, CCP.

What do "CDP, CCP" mean?

Sorry to post to this newsgroup instead of e-mail directly to Syd.
I hope to save lots of e-mail to Syd asking the same question :-)

Now, back to the regular, technical questions ...

--
Peter
Internet: peter@na.excelan.COM

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (12/01/89)

peter@na.excelan.com (Peter Tran) writes:
>I always wonder about the little designation that our Elm coordinator
>put after his name, Sydney Weinstein, CDP, CCP.

>What do "CDP, CCP" mean?
CDP='Certificate in Data Processing'
CCP='Certificate in Computer Programming'
and in my case 'With a specilization in Systems Programming'

They are certifications given after experience requirements
and a test have been passed.  Issued by the Institute for
Certification of Computer Professionals, a body sponsored
by 10-13 technical societies including DPMA, ACM, IEEE, and others.

>Sorry to post to this newsgroup instead of e-mail directly to Syd.
>I hope to save lots of e-mail to Syd asking the same question :-)
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235