[comp.mail.elm] Elm on a Vax 6310 Ultrix

schemers@egrunix.UUCP (Roland Schemers III) (12/08/89)

Hello. After installing ELM on our new Dec 6310 Ultrix system, I have a
few questions. One is that the version says "2.2 PL14" on our
11/750 BSD 4.3 machine, we have version "2.2 PL38". What is the latest
version of ELM, and where can I ftp it from? Also, when using ELM to
mail to our BSD system the mail gets there ok, but the return address
is "vela.local", instead of the full "vela.acs.oakland.edu". Any ideas
what is wrong?

thanx, roland

--
Roland J. Schemers III                  'Real programmers don't write specs.
Systems Programmer                      Users should be grateful for whatever

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (12/09/89)

In article <289@egrunix.UUCP> schemers@unix.secs.oakland.edu.UUCP (Roland Schemers III) writes:
>Hello. After installing ELM on our new Dec 6310 Ultrix system, I have a
>few questions. One is that the version says "2.2 PL14" on our
>11/750 BSD 4.3 machine, we have version "2.2 PL38". What is the latest
>version of ELM?
If you have 2.2 PL38, you are reading it wrong, I know we issued
a bunch of patches, but not that many, thats 2.2dev PL38, note the
dev in there.  That meant it was part of the development version of 2.2,
which is older than 2.2t, the test version which is older than 2.2,
which is the released version.  2.2's current version is PL14.  Thats
it, there will be a PL15 eventually, but not yet.  Note, that 2.3dev
is also strangely at PL14 right now.

>Also, when using ELM to
>mail to our BSD system the mail gets there ok, but the return address
>is "vela.local", instead of the full "vela.acs.oakland.edu". Any ideas
>what is wrong?
As to the problem with vela.local, check two places,
one the configuration options re use domain and internet, and two,
the sendmail.cf file.

Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235