[comp.mail.elm] Header edit "What does ... do?"

benah@adspp.UUCP (Ben A. Hunsberger) (12/09/89)

I'm fairly new to elm and yet love it.  However, I've looked through
what documentation I have available and have not been able to find what
the following options when one edits the header do(or are capable of
doing):

   Reply-To
   Action
   Priority

I'm using version 2.2PL14.  I've even played with them a bit and still
don't have a clear picture of how they are used.

   Does elm do something "automatic like" if these are filled out?

   Or, is it just extra "documentation" in the message for the reader?

   Or, something completely different?

Thank you in advance.
--
Benjamin A. Hunsberger | uunet!adspp!benah   | Sorry, no cute little sayings
Abacus Data Systems    | benah@adspp.UUCP    | here. :-)

indra@pepsi.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (12/12/89)

In article <360@adspp.UUCP> benah@adspp.UUCP (Ben A. Hunsberger) writes:
>... However, I've looked through
>what documentation I have available and have not been able to find what
>the following options when one edits the header do(or are capable of
>doing):
>
>   Reply-To
>   Action
>   Priority

most smart mailers will pick that up in preference to the From: line.

Action: The Elm main screen shows an 'A' in the tag area for mail
containing a value to the Action. The value also shows up when viewing the
mail.

screen. There may be more significance.

iNDRA | indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) (408) 749-5445