[comp.mail.elm] ELM2 BUGS ?

nigel@cmsfl@labtam.oz (Nigel Harwood) (12/18/89)

I expect I am way behind in releases but I just put up a version of
ELM called "ELM2" and dated 1986.

I have had a problem with the resync command '$'.  It is documented
as being used to purge delete messages from the mailbox.  When I
run it for my default mailbox I get an error about the temporary
mail box already existing.  Looking at the code I think I see whats
going wrong but would rather not put in local fixes.

Is this (was this) a problem ?  Could some kind soul send me an updated
copy of ELM.  A program this good simply has to have had an update in
the last three years.  Or is everyone a MUSHy now ?

Regards
                       Nigel Harwood
Post:  Coles Myer Ltd, PO Box 2000 Tooronga 3146, Australia
Phone: +61 3 829 6090      E-mail: nigel%cmsfl@labtam.oz.au

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (12/20/89)

In article <313@cmsfl> nigel@cmsfl@labtam.oz (Nigel Harwood) writes:
>I expect I am way behind in releases but I just put up a version of
>ELM called "ELM2" and dated 1986.

As far as I can tell, ELM Version 2.2 is up to patch level 14 now.  Is there
a more up to date rev than this?
--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD, CFII, CFIG             Cherokee 235 N9212W
UUCP: ...!uunet!slvblc!dick                  GEnie: FLANAGAN